This is the Web site of the National Association for Music Education. Our postal address is 1806 Robert Fulton Drive, Reston, VA 20191. We can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com. Our telephone number is 703-860-4000.
Our Web site is primarily targeted toward professional music educators and college music education students. However, there are some areas that are targeted to middle and high school students, and a few areas that will be of interest to younger children.
1. General Browsing Information – If you visit our site to read or download information, we may collect and store the following general information in order to analyze trends, gather broad demographic information, and monitor site traffic patterns that can help us further develop and improve the design and functionality of our site: your computer’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, the date and time you access our site, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site; and the various pages that you visit while on our site.
2. Personally-Identifiable Information – We will explicitly notify you before we collect any personally-identifiable information about you (e.g.. your name, email address, contact information, credit card number, etc.), and will not collect any information unless you choose to provide it to us. This information may be shared within our organization for the purposes of responding to any comments or questions you submit and/or providing follow-up information about our organization. NAfME also makes member contact information available to third parties offering products and services. This information may include names, job title, institution, address, and phone number. Fax numbers and e-mails addresses are not disclosed. Users may request that NAfME not disclose to third parties the data it collects by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 336-3768.
3. Publicly Sharing Your Information – NAfME often receives information from Web site visitors who have successfully participated in our programs and/or employed our resources. In certain instances, we would like to publicly share the comments and stories we receive by posting this information on our Web site. We will not, however, publicly share ANY information we receive on our website without first receiving the express consent of the individual who submitted the information. Furthermore, we will not post information in any way that specifically identifies the sender of that information unless the sender approves it.
5. Other Security Measures – We provide our members and supporters with a secure experience when they are ordering memberships, making a donation, or buying merchandise. Our technical security measures include using industry standard 128bit encryption to secure the transfer of data between your browser and our servers. Although we will use all reasonable means to safeguard the privacy of your personal information, transmissions made via the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. When our forms ask users to enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption method in the industry -Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). While on a secure page, such as our membership form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open. NAfME reserves the right to amend this policy at any time.
1. Information Collected – We respect the privacy of children, and do not collect any more personal information than reasonably necessary to enable them to participate in the activities we offer at our Web site. With respect to our online information collection practices from children under 13 years of age: We may ask for name, grade level, and the name of music teacher and school. Please note that parents may consent to the above collection and use without necessarily consenting to the disclosure of personal information to third parties. With respect to the collection by other organizations of personal information from children at our site, our policy is: We do not have any agreements with outside organizations to collect personal information at our site.
2. Use and Sharing of Information – The information we collect from children is used only to show geographic diversity and to show that the child is working with a teacher. We do not collect any information that is not visible on the Web site.
3. Parental Review – Parents can review the information that we have collected from their children online, prevent the further use or maintenance of such information, or direct the deletion of their children’s personal information by contacting us at email@example.com or (800) 336-3768 .