Music Tech Empowers
Music technology grants and professional development to K-12 music educators in efforts to diversify music education opportunities and engage students from all backgrounds in learning music in school.
Give A Note (GAN) programs support innovative, impactful, and sustainable public school music curriculum developed by educators for their students’ long-term success.
Give A Note’s Music Tech Empowers (MTE) develops and supports new music tech curriculum in underserved communities to engage more K-12 public school students in music.
- Title I status prioritized
- 5 Year Multi-Tiered Grant Funding
- MEIA Educators Mentor MTE Grantees
- New Music Tech Curriculum
- US K-12 Public School (Title I status prioritized)
- Administrative support to add new music tech curriculum
- Full-time educator with class scheduled as part of the regular school day
- Dedicated room for instruction with reliable high speed internet access in classroom
- Project-based and student-focused curriculum
- Student enrollment in music classrooms increase in each grantee school
- Grantee educators influence expansion of music tech curriculum within their district
- Music educator mentor relationships established
- Educators publicly present programmatic success (District & Community Leaders)
- National media campaigns to promote tech in music education
Our thanks to SoundTrap EDU and Keys & Kingdoms for their support to power music tech programs across the country.