How Has Give A Note Inspired You to Support Music in Schools?
The global giving movement #GivingTuesday, now entering its sixth year—it’s Give A Note Foundation’s sixth birthday, too!—is hosting a #MyGivingStory campaign this year. And Give A Note Foundation wants to invite you to share your story about the impact of music education in your life and why Give A Note matters to the cause of music education.
Help Give A Note WIN up to $10,000 to reach even more schools to support their music programs!
In the past six years, Give A Note Foundation has provided more than $1.2 million in grants to over 45,000 students in more than 100 schools in 37 states across the U.S., and is poised to reach more schools. Help us cover the map by telling your story about why music education and Give A Note matter!
- Talk about a fundraiser you and your school held to benefit Give A Note and why you chose to support music education.
- How did music education make a lifelong impact on you? Share your story.
- Did you receive a grant from Give A Note? Share the impact of that grant on your music program.
- Were you part of the past Music In Our Schools Tours? Talk about the experience.
- Did your music program gain more exposure and support from participating in a Give A Note campaign in the past? Let us know.
You can submit your story with an optional image or submit a video. Be sure to send your story to Give A Note too so we can share it on the blog! Encourage your community to submit their stories as well! When you enter your story, you will be asked to name the nonprofit organization that will receive the grant if your story wins: please name Give A Note Foundation as your designee.
Then, share your story on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) using the hashtag #MyGivingStory and tag @GiveANote!
Encourage others to do the same with this message: “How has music education impacted your life? Share your #MyGivingStory story and nominate @giveanote: bit.ly/GiveANoteGivingTuesday2017”.
Finally, vote, vote, VOTE every day for the Give A Note stories in the #MyGivingStory Gallery. You can vote for as many stories as you like, but only once per day for any given entry.
Some additional tips and requirements:
- #MyGivingStory is open to legal residents of the U.S., who are age 13 and older.
- Written entries must be between 150 and 1,200 words and may include a photo.
- Videos must be between 30 seconds and 5 minutes in length and under 100 MB in one of the following formats: AVI, MOV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, 3GP, and 3G2.
- All entries must be original, unpublished works.
- Only one entry per entrant.
Please help spread the word for Give A Note! (Click that share button below.)