On October 1, 2016, Give a Note Foundation launched the Music Ed Matters initiative in order to provide fundraising opportunities for any and all who believe and share in our mission to nurture, grow, and strengthen music education opportunities for all. The goal of the Music Ed Matters campaign is to raise $50,000 by the new year to go toward grants to support schools in underserved communities.
Give a Note Foundation has enlisted the help of National Association for Music Education’s (NAfME) Tri-M® and Collegiate chapters. Chapters from across the nation have been challenged to compete against one another to increase awareness and donations for the Foundation during the giving season as part of the Give a Note “Music Ed Matters” Chapter Challenge. Each chapter is given their own fundraising page to customize and provided with the tools and resources to run a successful campaign!
The goal of the Music Ed Matters campaign is to raise $50,000 by the new year to go toward grants to support schools in underserved communities.
The four chapters – two Tri-M and two Collegiate – that raise the MOST donations between October 1, 2016, and December 31, 2016, will earn their schools a stop on the 2017 Music In Our Schools Tour, including a celebration concert in their community featuring a popular band or artist!
We applaud the twenty Tri-M chapters and seven Collegiate chapters who have pledged to raise $500 each for their commitment to music education. There is still time for your Tri-M or Collegiate chapter to join in the competition today!
- Newfield High School: Selden, NY
- Lyman Memorial High School: Lebanon, CT
- Collinsville High School: Collinsville, IL
- Lake High School: Millbury, OH
- Bethel High School: Bethel, CT
- Olmsted Falls High School: Olmsted Falls, OH
- Old Mill High School: Millersville, MD
- Jones College Prep: Chicago, IL
- Cooperative Middle School: Stratham, NH
- East Hampton High School: East Hampton, NY
- BASIS Phoenix: Phoenix, AZ
- Gates Chili High School: Rochester, NY
- Marblehead High School: Marblehead, MA
- Joplin High School: Joplin, MO
- Loudoun County High School: Leesburg, VA
- Edison High School: Edison, NJ
- East Brunswick High School: East Brunswick, NJ
- Desert Mountain High School: Scottsdale, AZ
- Immaculate Conception High School: Montclair, NJ
- Bath County High School: Owingsville, KY
- Rider University: Lawrenceville, NJ
- Rhode Island College: Providence, RI
- New York University: New York City, NY
- Ball State University: Muncie, IN
- University of Memphis: Memphis, TN
- University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, MO
- Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
All are encouraged to participate in the Music Ed Matters campaign.
Not a chapter member?
Start a Tri-M chapter at your Middle/High School: www.nafme.org/Tri-M
Start a CNAfME chapter at your College/University: www.nafme.org/membership/collegiate
Not a high school or college student? Become an individual supporter today!